The application of the Tailored Talks platform is a critical enabler of the Hospital to Home pathway developed in partnership between NHS Lothian and Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland. It was created to facilitate effective discharge, to support people and their families make the transition from ICU to home following a COVID diagnosis and to ensure that there is ongoing support as people learn to live with the longer-term impact of the virus.
Tailored Talks allows health and social care professionals and people working in third sector organisations to provide information which is tailored to each individual patient’s needs. This information can be shared on screen during face-to-face meetings/consultations, on paper (for people without access to digital technology or who are not keen to use it), but also remotely by emailed pdf or via weblinks so that patients and their carers can access the information on their mobile devices, PC or laptop computers. Recipients then have the opportunity to share this tailored/individualised information with other people (e.g. family members) wherever they are in the world. Unlike traditional paper-based patient information leaflets the content is readily updated to ensure it is current, relevant and accurate. It can also link, via embedded URLs to other web-based information including videos, e-learning, e-applications and services to facilitate signposting.
Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland, NHS Lothian and Pogo Studio have worked in partnership to bring phase one of Tailored Talks to life – Tailored Talks COVID-19. Beginning the build in late May of 2020, Pogo Studio delivered the initial version of Tailored Talks, which was to be used as part of the Hospital to Home journey for people coming out of ICU with COVID-19. Tailored Talks allow for doctors and nurses from both NHS Lothian and CHSS to access 500 COVID-19 and ICU related slides and build up bespoke and relevant presentations for their patients. These 500 slides were produced by well over 20 clinicians and specialist from NHS Lothian and CHSS, including ICU doctors, psychologists, psychiatrist, nutritionist, and physiotherapist, to name a few.
Tailored Talks COVID 19 is now live in NHS Lothian.
The platform has the following features:
• Add images of PowerPoint slides to the content library
• Give the slides tags, subtags and a description so that they can easily be filtered
• Add links to individual slides, to give supplementary information
• Create a Tailored Talk from a blank template
• Click on tags and subtags to filter through the library of slides
• Use a search bar to find individual slides
• Drag and drop the relevant slides into their Tailored Talk
• Email the bespoke talk to a patient, and the patients family if required
• Save the Tailored Talk for others to use as a template
• Use another presentation creator’s Tailored Talk as a template for their own talk
• Download the talk as a PDF, to be printed and taken home as a physical document
• View the Tailored Talk on the platform
We have prepared 2 videos to demonstrate Tailored Talks: