Kevan Taylor, Chief Executive SHSC SHSC Quality Improvement Strategy Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust (SHSC) is the main provider of a wide range of specialist health and social care services to individuals and their carers or families in Sheffield.
We strive to continually improve the services we deliver and recognise that each and every one of us has a role in ensuring the quality of our services. In delivering quality services we want to ensure that what we provide is effective, safe and delivers a positive experience.
The ability for our Trust to deliver sustainable quality improvements depends on staff, service users and carers having the ability to engage with improvement approaches.
Whilst we will use a range of quality improvement techniques as appropriate, the core Trust wide approach will be the Microsystem improvement methodology, whereby a trained Microsystem Coach facilitates individual teams (including their service users and carers) to undertake a structured improvement process, empowering teams and service users to influence change from the front-line.
SHSC Quality Improvement Team As the Quality Improvement Team we are committed to creating a culture of continuous improvement across SHSC and pledge to:
- Provide high quality coaching to teams and peer support to trained coaches
- Increase the number of teams using microsystem improvement methodology
- Train and coach staff to increase awareness of the methodology
- Improve service user and carer involvement in Quality Improvement
- Share stories, experience and outcomes to encourage learning
- Work collaboratively to support delivery of the Quality Improvement & Assurance Strategy