Yesterday we sent out a letter to all BAME colleagues stating that we are committed to taking a proactive approach to the situation regarding the disproportionate effect of COVID-19 on NHS BAME staff.
This approach is:
1. Considering BAME colleagues as in a vulnerable/at risk group and
2. Supporting managers to have these discussions with BAME staff;
2. Testing all BAME colleagues, regardless of role - and their families - in the first five days of symptoms: we are committed to doing this longer term;
3. Ensuring BAME colleagues who need FIT testing are supported to get this done as a priority;
4. Joining up our Wellbeing Service with our BAME Network lead who will attend wellbeing clinics and act as a point of contact.
We will also be communicating the diversity of our Wellbeing Team in our wider comms to staff.
We hope this proactive approach can be built on and spread more widely.