SaTH have so much planned for #fabchangeweek I felt it needed to be shared.
Fab change week this year is on the 13th -17th November 2017.
- We will be telling our new HCA’s and Staff nurses in induction all about fab change week and getting them to pledge what they want to change and support them with their pledges to make change happen.
- We have been working hard to have swan rooms throughout the Trust we currently have 4 at RSH and 1at PRH with 4 more in the development. We are very excited to open a Swan Room in our ED at PRH this will be officially opened on the 14th November by our wonderful staff that helped make this happen, it would also be great to have a famous face there on the day, more work to be done on that yet. It’s been a real team effort the Estates team have been amazing getting this room transformed from a store to a lovely calming swan room, painted in calm colours, replacing the flooring and ceiling tiles, lovely furniture has been ordered and a small table for tissues and a moodlight, we are busy getting the pictures and final touches ready, this room is for families to visit and say their goodbyes to their loved ones at the hardest of times. This room will be the biggest transformation yet for us at SaTH.
- We have also designed a small swan bag, within the bag is a bereavement booklet, letter from the Trust, jewellery bag, pen, paper and swan proberty bag for ED these are for unexpected deaths and during fab change week we will be implementing them on all wards for this purpose after the trial in ED went so well.
- We also have done a trial on 2 wards giving sympathy cards to bereaved relatives this will also be implemented throughout the trust during fab change week.
- And if you think that’s enough for one week your wrong as we are launching the new End of Life Care Volunteer Service after our wonderful visit to Aintree where they showed us how it’s done, they showed us what great looks like, we in Shropshire are going to try and do it even better.
- Mouth Care & Care after Death developments will also be covered during fab change week. It’s going to be fabulous that I can promise.
Jules Lewis End of Life Care Facilitator & Fab Ambassador at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital #Proudtocare #makeithappen #togetherweachieve