It is important to stress this challenge is about measurement for improvement not judgement
How are we gathering data?
• An iPhone/Android app to collect data manually has been developed
• This app will be free during the 70 day Challenge
• Ward/unit staff will be invited to download the app (via validated work email addresses)
Each day staff will be asked to answer two questions:
1. How many patients are dressed in day clothes at midday?
2. Of these patients, how many have mobilised e.g. to the toilet/shower or walked around the bed?
A publically accessible dashboard (www.endpjparalysis.com) will also be created to show:
• the combined bed day total towards our 1 million patient day goal
• individual facilities results, with filters for net and percentage bed days
• comparisons between specialties (e.g. medical, surgical, etc), hospitals, care homes and by country
You can download the app here